Saturday, March 26, 2016

SAD! How Lebanese man, Mr Hussein raped, impregnated his Nigerian maid and sacked her

Image result for How Lebanese raped, impregnated his Nigerian maid and sacked her

17-year-old Roda Timothy, was full of expectations when she left her home state in Plateau for Lagos, last year. She had hoped to secure employment, earn a decent living and be in a position to help her family back home. However, her lofty dreams were shattered barely few days after she was employed as a maid. She was allegedly raped and impregnated by her Lebanese boss who later kicked her out of his house when all his efforts to abort the pregnancy failed.

Her boss popularly called Hussein, works as a professional chef for highbrow companies in Lagos and resides on Allen Avenue, Ikeja agreed to pay Roda N10, 000 monthly. Two months after impregnating her, Hussein sacked her after paying her a paltry sum of N19,000 for the two months she worked for him. Roda who pleaded passionately that her photograph should not be taken then narrated how it all happened: “I started working with the man as a maid immediately I came to Lagos. He agreed to pay me N10,000 monthly as my salary. When I packed into the house, my boss was not around but he came back two days later from his work place.

How I was raped

“On this particular day, my boss was about to leave the house when his brother asked me to go and meet him and collect some money to purchase food items for the house. I knocked on his door, he answered and asked me to come inside.

Continue reading after the cut....
When I entered, I told him that his brother asked me to collect money to purchase food items. He said okay and got up from where he was sitting, and pretended as if he wanted to get the money before he grabbed me forcefully. I struggled with him and was shouting but he over powered me and raped me.

Second round of rape 

“The following month when I discovered that I had missed my monthly circle, I informed him about it but instead of finding solution to it, he raped me a second time. I then kept disturbing him about the growing pregnancy. What he did was to send me to a nearby chemist with a prescription but the attendant refused to attend to me without his presence. He later went with me and bought some drugs which he asked me to take to abort the pregnancy. I took the drugs but nothing happened. After some days, he bought another set of drugs which I took, yet, nothing happened. I then became very worried and was disturbing him to find a solution to the problem he caused. That was when he started threatening me and later sacked me after paying me N19,000. I was so afraid that when I went back to my brother who brought me to Lagos, I didn’t tell him that I was pregnant for my boss. I was just praying that the pregnancy will just disappear but it did not. Unknown to my brother that I was pregnant, he got me another job where I worked for four months as a maid before my new employer discovered that I was pregnant and told my brother.”

Culled - Vanguard

Share your thoughts...thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment