Monday, June 30, 2014

‘Marriage to my brother’s widow has ruined me’


A Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan, Oyo State capital,  has  dissolved a 15-year-old marriage between Ismaila Ayoade and Adija over her alleged spiritual retardation.

Mr Ezekiel Ogundipe, the  court president, said that her refusal to appear in court meant admission of guilt.

“It is a pity that Adija suddenly stopped coming to....
defend herself in a case of spiritual retardation leveled against her.

“I put an end to the relationship in the light of peaceful co-existence,” Ogundipe said.

Ayoade earlier told the court that Adija had imposed spiritual stagnation on his wellbeing and progress.

“I inherited Adija as a widow and  she has retarded my progress since we had been together.

“Relatives pleaded with me to re-marry her. She is my late elder brother’s wife.

‘’I heeded the advice and I have never known peace since I did.

“My business which was booming before she came into my life suddenly crumbled and before I knew it, I started begging to eat.

“All the spiritual steps I took to resolve it proved abortive as all the spiritualists told me that she  was  on a mission to see my downfall.
ADVERTISEMENT

“She also rendered anything that could facilitate my spiritual recovery impotent,” Ayoade told the court.

Drop a comment...thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment